Borders closure between Portugal and Spain
Starting today at 11pm, tourists have been prevented from crossing the land borders between Portugal and Spain, a measure taken between the two countries to try to stop the coronavirus crisis in Portugal. Only travel for work or transportation of goods are not suspended.
The closure of the borders will continue, at least, until the 15th of April, as it is the moment immediately after Easter. Circulation between the two countries has been limited since yesterday to 9 border posts, more specifically:
– Valença / Tui
– Vila Verde da Raia / Verín (Chaves area)
– Quintanilha / San Vitero
– Vilar Formoso / Fuentes de Oñoro
– Termas de Monfortinho / Moraleja
– Marvão / Valencia de Alcântara
– Caia / Badajoz
– Vila Verde de Ficalho / Rosal de La Frontera
– Castro Marim / Ayamonte
Air traffic, rail and river connections between the two countries are also suspended.