Portugal is one of the main choices for foreigners to enjoy their retirement due to the quality of life that the country offers.
Although the Algarve region is the most chosen, from north to south of the country you can find many advantages.
What are the advantages that Portugal offers to enjoy your retirement?
- Provides security: Portugal is the 3rd most peaceful country in the world, according to the 2019 Global Peace Index ranking;
- Quality National Health Services (NHS): In general, NHS in Portugal have quality and have good professionals;
- Discounts on public transport: retirees benefit from discounts on national public transport up to 50%;
- Leisure, gastronomy and cultural offer: From north to south, Portugal offers options for all tastes. Some cinemas, theaters and museums offer discounts to retirees. The Portuguese cuisine, besides being very diverse is also one of the best.
- Ease of travel around Europe: Portugal is two to three hours from major European cities and offers a large number of airlines, many of them low cost.
The visa indicated for these people is the D7. A residence visa for retirees or holders of income who wish to live in Portugal and have a means of subsistence.