The Visa D2 was created with the objective of attracting foreign entrepreneurs who want to invest in Portugal, creating small and medium sized companies with economic, technological or cultural relevance to the country.
Who can use Visa D2?
A D2 Visa may be issued to foreign nationals from countries outside the European Union wishing to pursue an independent professional activity and:
- Have a contract or written proposal for a service contract in the liberal professions;
- Are qualified to exercise the independent activity, whenever applicable.
This may also be granted to enterprising immigrants wishing to invest in Portugal, provided that:
- Have carried out investment operations;
- Proof that they have available financial means in Portugal, including those arising from financing obtained from banks in Portugal, and demonstrate by any means their intention to undertake an investment operation in Portuguese territory;
- Develop an entrepreneurial project, including the creation of an innovative grassroots company integrated in a certified incubator.
If you would like to know more about what types of visas the Portuguese government offers, please contact us.